Applying for Life Settlements
Here you will find everything you need to begin evaluating your life insurance policy and its potential in the life settlement or viatical settlement market. Complete our Qualification Calculator, download applications and information sheets, and find resources for financial advisors.
For a step-by-step walkthrough of our process, visit How Does it Work?
1. Qualification Calculator – Tell us a little about your age, health, and life insurance policy using this anonymous calculator. Simply tally your score and this will tell you how good of a fit your policy is for the life settlement market.
2. Life Settlement Application – After completing the Qualification Calculator, fill out this detailed application to give us all the information we need to evaluate and qualify your policy. This application must be completed by the policy owner, and requires a copy of the life insurance policy.
- What is a life settlement?
- How did life settlements get started?
- What are the criteria used to determine the value of a life policy?
- How much will the seller be paid for his or her policy?
- Why would someone sell their life insurance policy?
- Who is an ideal life settlement candidate?
- Who makes the ongoing premium payments?
- Will the insured need to take a medical exam?
- Will the policy qualify if it is owned by someone other than the insured?
- Is a life settlement and viatical settlement the same?
- Why would anyone consider a life settlement?
- Will the insured be required to accept an offer from a provider?
- What if the insured dies shortly after selling his or her policy?
- Can I sell a portion of my policy?
- Are there any restrictions as to how proceeds from a life settlement are used?
- What are the tax implications of a life settlement?
- Is the sale of life settlements regulated by any institutional or federal agencies?
- What types of policies qualify?